Packed with Buttery and Smoky Flavor
- 1/2 Cup GODSHALL’S Smoky CRUMBLZ (Candied with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon)
- 1 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- Vegetable Oil
- First candy the bacon; preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a pan with heavy duty foil. Coat the slices or Smoky CRUMBLZ with brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake for approx. 10 minutes.
- Allow bacon to cool. If using turkey bacon slices, crumble the candied bacon and place into a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk in separate small bowl.
- Stir the candied bacon, buttermilk and egg mix in the dry ingredients.
- Slowly mix in the melted butter.
- Refrigerate the mixture for approx. 30 minutes.
- Grease a griddle with the vegetable oil.
- Use 2 tablespoons of batter for each Johnnycake.
- Cook each Johnnycake on medium to moderate heat until brown. Approx. 30-60 seconds.
- Flip and cook on other side for same amount of time.
- Top with melted butter and additional turkey bacon CRUMBLZ.