Italian Market Lasagna
Classic Italian Cuisine
- 12 oz Package GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon. (Diced and Lightly Browned)
- 1 Package Dry Lasagna
- 3 Pounds Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Pounds Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Pound Parmesan Cheese (Freshly Grated)
- 2 1/2 Cups Finely Chopped Spinach
- 3/4 Cup Diced Sun-dried Tomatoes (Wet Packed in Olive Oil)
- 3 Teaspoons Oregano
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a rapid boil, Place lasagna pasta in water and reduce to low heat. stir often to prevent sticking to bottom.
- Separate ricotta into three equal bowl
- Combine one pound ricotta, spinach, one teaspoon garlic salt and one teaspoon oregano in one bowl.
- Combine one pound ricotta, GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon, sun dried tomato, one teaspoon garlic salt and one teaspoon oregano in another bowl.
- Combine one pound ricotta, one teaspoon garlic salt and one teaspoon oregano in third bowl.
- When pliable, drain pasta and run under cool water for one minute.
- Place first layer of pasta into bottom of a buttered or non-stick sprayed casserole pan.
- distribute bacon and tomato ricotta mixture across pasta and top with a handful of mozzarella and 1/3 of parmesan.
- Place second layer of pasta, followed by plain ricotta mixture and mozzarella and another 1/3 grated parmesan.
- Place third layer of pasta and distribute spinach ricotta mixture over it.
- Place final layer of pasta and top with balance of cheese, cover with greased tin foil.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard tin foil. return to oven for final 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool 5 minutes before serving. Cut servings with very sharp knife to retain color serration of layers. Side view should look like Italian flag.