Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes
Smoky Flavored Southern Inspired Classic
- 4 Slices GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon (Browned and Diced) or Smoky CRUMBLZ
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Stalk Celery (Chopped)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic (Minced)
- 1 1/4 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 3/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper (Ground)
- 1 Dash of Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- Cook GODSHALL’S turkey bacon in skillet over medium-high heat. Flip occasionally until browned on both sides.
- Remove turkey bacon slices and place on paper towels to drain. Then dice the turkey bacon.
- Using the same skillet, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Cook and stir in onion, celery and garlic until tender and lightly browned. Approx. 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables and turkey bacon into a large bowl with the mashed potatoes.
- Add in the shredded cheddar cheese, flour, egg, yellow mustard, black pepper and dash of hot sauce.
- In a clean skillet, heat vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the heated skillet, flatten slightly.
- Fry the potato patties for approx. 5 to 7 minutes, cooking both sides till golden brown.
- Top with sour cream. ENJOY!