Elegant Appetizer for Any Special Occasion
- 6 Slices GODSHALL'S Turkey Bacon (Lightly Browned and Dice)
- 8 oz Crabmeat
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Seafood Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Parsley (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry (Thawed)
- 4 oz Manchego Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Egg
- In a skillet, lightly brown and dice the turkey bacon.
- Melt butter in same skillet as turkey bacon.
- Over medium heat, toss the crabmeat and seasoning (approx. 2 minutes).
- Stir in the parsley and remove the pan from heat.
- Lightly flour a clean surface, to avoid sticking and open the puff pastry sheet.
- Break yolk of egg and lightly whisk. Use the whisked egg to brush over the puff pastry. Refrigerate the left-over egg.
- Fold the crab mixture into manchego cheese and place in the egg washed pastry, 1/2 inch away from edges.
- Fold over the top of the pastry and crimp edges closed with a fork.
- Take an ungreased baking sheet and place the pastry on it. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for approx. 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Remove pastry from fridge and uncover. Use the left over whisked egg and brush onto the top of the pastry.
- Bake until golden brown, usually takes approx. 25-30 minutes. Let cool for approx. 5 minutes.
- Serve and ENJOY!