Orange Fig Bacon Stuffing
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for baking dish
- 1 small shallot, diced fine
- 8 slices GODSHALL'S Real wood Smoked Turkey Bacon fried lightly brown and diced fine OR 2OZ (half bag) Godshall’s Smoky Crumblz
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 ounces Black Mission figs, coarsely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sage
- 4 cups cubed and toasted bread ( best version was ½ white bread and ½ rustic whole wheat)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter bottom and sides of a 9x13” baking dish.
In medium skillet fry bacon to a light browning-remove and dice, In the same pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot slices, stirring occasionally, until shallots become translucent, about 2 minutes.
Add chicken stock and figs to saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove and cool 10 minutes.
Add orange zest and juice, orange liqueur, and sage to saucepan and stir to combine. Tear bread into large pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Pour contents of skillet over bread along with eggs, gently fold until mixed.
Transfer stuffing to prepared baking dish, cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking another 10-15 minutes or until top is golden brown and knife placed in center comes out clean
- Serve and ENJOY!