Pear Almond Bacon Stuffing
- 6 slices GODSHALL'S Maple Turkey Bacon browned and diced to 3/8” pieces
- 1 cup chopped pear pieces- fresh not canned
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup Amaretto liqueur
- 4 cups challah cubes toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted*
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fig jam
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with butter flavor non stick spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine pear pieces, apple cider and amaretto; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, almonds, melted butter, bacon, cinnamon and pear mixture; mix well.
- Reduce fig jam and a little more butter in a small skillet over medium heat
- Spread stuffing mixture into baking dish, bake covered with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Uncover and baste generously with fig jam/butter- brown for another 10 minutes. Serve warm.
- *To toast almonds, spread on cookie sheet, bake at 375° F for 5 to 6 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.