Candied Bacon Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
The Sweet and Savory Taste of Fall
- 1 Cup GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon (Candied)
- 1 Loaf of French Bread (Cut into Cubes)
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Pecans or Almonds (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a pan with heavy duty foil. Coat the slices of bacon with brown sugar and bake for approx. 10 minutes on each side.
- Allow bacon to cool. Then, crumble the candied bacon. Set some aside.
- Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray and evenly spread the French bread cubes in the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the mixture in the pan until all the bread cubes are covered.
- Cover with plastic wrap or lid and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, uncover the pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the brown sugar, nuts (optional), cinnamon and candied bacon. Sprinkle over the top of the bread mixture and bake for approx. 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with more candied bacon and serve hot with maple syrup.