Pumpkin Pistachio Bacon Soup
Fresh from The Farmer’s Market
- 1/2 Cup GODSHALL’S Chili Lime CRUMBLZ or 6 Slices GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon (Diced Fine and Lightly Browned with 1 Teaspoon of Chili Lime Spice)
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 1 Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 3 Tablespoon Butter (Unsalted)
- 1/3 Cup Pistachios (Unsalted, Shelled)
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 15 oz. Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- Pinch of Paprika
- Parsley (For Garnish)
- More Pistachios (For Garnish)
- Cube the potatoes (approx. 1-2 inches).
- Bring the broth to boil and add potatoes. Boil for approx. 10-15 minutes. Set potato broth aside.
- In a frying pan, saute the butter, onions and garlic over medium heat.
- In a food processor, blend the pistachios. Next, place potatoes in a food processor with the onion mixture. Add in all ingredients but the sour cream and blend.
- Transfer the mix into a soup pot and boil. Bring down to a simmer and add in the sour cream.
- Add water as needed to adjust consistency.
- Serve hot and top with parsley, pistachios and more CRUMBLZ.