Pumpkin Soufflé with Turkey Bacon and Feta
Pumpkin Soufflé with Turkey Bacon and Feta Cheese
Healthy Comfort Food
- 1 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 eggs (yolks and whites separate)
- 3 Tbsp. oat bran
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 3/4 cup Godshall’s Turkey Bacon, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 Tbsp. feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in lower third.
- Whisk together milk, cornstarch, spices in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking, then simmer, whisking, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in pumpkin puree. Transfer to a large bowl and cool to room temperature. Add turkey bacon, egg yolks, oat bran, chopped dill and mix together.
- Beat egg whites with salt in another large bowl using an electric mixer beat until whites hold stiff, glossy peaks. Fold one third of whites into cooled pumpkin mixture to lighten, then fold in remaining whites gently but thoroughly. Divide mixture among ramekins, sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake soufflés until puffed and golden, 15 to 18 minutes.