Bacon Stuffed Peppers
Perfect for any season
- 12 Slices (one package) GODSHALL’S Turkey or Chicken Bacon
- 3 Bell Peppers
- 16 oz. Heavy Cream
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons Flour
- 8 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 oz. Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz. Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 1 Medium Leek
- 16 oz. Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dice and brown 12 slices of Godshall’s Turkey or Chicken Bacon. Set aside.
- Keeping brown bits and residue in pan over medium heat, add 4 teablespoons of butter and melt.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Immediately add 8 Oz. cream and stir to a smooth sauce over medium heat.
- Add grated Parmesan, Goat Cheese Crumbles and add more cream as needed to arrive at a very thick sauce. Lower heat to warm only.
- Cut tops from Peppers and scoop out seeds, core and pale rib parts.
- Fill peppers with separated slices of leek, bacon and sauce.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 18 minutes or until top is crisp and bubbling and serve piping hot.
- Top with Mozzarella and sprinkle with salt.