Sweet Potato Bacon Collard Greens
- 6 Slices GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon (Chopped)
- 4 Sweet Potatoes (Peeled, Cut into 1-inch Pieces)
- 1 Chile (Thinly Sliced)
- 5 Scallions (Thinly Sliced, Plus More for Serving)
- 2 Tablespoon Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Ginger (Divided)
- 1/4 Cups + 2 Tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil (Melted, or Vegetable Oil, Divided)
- Salt (For Taste)
- Pepper (For Taste)
- 2 Bunches Collard Greens (Ribs & Stems Removed)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Toss potatoes, chile, scallions, half of the garlic, half the ginger and 1/4 Cup oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put mixture onto a baking sheet, spread everything out, and roast, add the chopped Turkey bacon halfway through, cook until potatoes are tender and bacon is brown, approx. 35–45 minutes total.
- When potatoes are done and cooling, heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high and cook collard greens, cardamom and remaining ginger and garlic, tossing frequently, until collards are wilted, bright green, and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, season with salt and pepper, allow coconut milk to thicken and remove from heat.
- Divide greens among bowls, top with potatoes, and garnish with scallions.
Watch the instructional video with Chef Samantha Cureton