Sweet Potato Cheddar Fritters
Get Your Fry-on!
- 1 Bag GODSHALL’S Smoky CRUMBLZ or Turkey Bacon (Lightly Browned and Diced)
- 1 Bag Frozen Sweet Potato French Fries
- 1 Egg
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Butter (Melted)
- Chipotle Aioli
Additional Required Items:
- Round Waffle Iron
- Take half bag of sweet potato fries and mash with one scrambled egg and 8 oz Sharp Cheddar and 1/4 cup turkey bacon CRUMBLZ (Set aside 1/4 cup for garnish later). Add and fold in remaining intact fries.
- Scoop and thinly line waffle press (not Belgian) with sweet potato fry mixture.
- Lightly brush butter and sprinkle with 1/4 cup CRUMBLZ or lightly browned and diced turkey bacon.
- Push closed and place weight on top to press tight together (Be sure what you place atop the waffle iron is not sensitive to heat, a 2 quart pot of water is a good choice).
- Begin to check after approx. 4 minutes. When the outside is brown and crispy, remove with a fork and top with chipotle aioli and scallions. (a little more bacon couldn’t hurt!)
- ENJOY and worry about calories tomorrow!