Thai Shrimp Bacon Meatballs
Smokey Sweet Bacon means Asian Fusion to American Delicious
- 6 Slices of GODSHALL’S Real Wood Smoked Turkey Bacon or Chicken Bacon
- ½ Pound Ground Turkey or Pork (neither too lean)
- ½ Pound Raw Shrimp
- 1 Cup Panko Crumbs
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 4 Scallions
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Thai Pepper Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Lime
- 1 Large Egg
- Dice 6 slices of GODSHALL’S Turkey or Chicken Bacon.
- Shell and de- vein ½ pound of shrimp
- Combine Bacon, Shrimp and Ground Pork or Turkey in food processor and pulse til well blended, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Add egg, Panko, Bean Sprouts, pepper and fish sauces, salt and sugar.
- Pulse blend
- Press garlic, dice scallions and squeeze lime (collect any errant seeds)
- Pulse till distributed evenly
- Using wet, clean fingers, roll about 20 balls 1 ½ inches in diameter
- Fry the meatballs in about 1 cup of hot peanut or vegetable oil (oil should be about ½ inch deep in pan) using long tongs, roll frequently for even browning.
- Set on a bed of rice glass noodles and top with sweet pepper, hoisin, lime, or spicy mayo.