Production Supervisor- 2nd Shift/ Telford, PA
Godshall's Quality Meats is a rapidly expanding family owned company that produces various meat products sold in the US and world markets. Due to our continued growth, we are looking to fill a 2nd Shift Processing Supervisor to join our team. HOURS for this position are 3:30pm - end of production. PAY ranges based on experience.
Godshall's offers opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, and a generous benefits package including: health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation.
The Processing Supervisor is responsible to oversee employees in the areas of employee safety, food safety, grinding, stuffing and formulation of meat products to produce a safe quality product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for working closely with production scheduler to insure that all production requirements are met. Monitoring all production lines to insure that all lines are running efficiently on a daily basis.
· Build and maintain good relationships that provide good feedback on all areas of work performance.
· Daily training and follow up on product SOP’s and formulation on one injection line and two finding/stuffing lines, assuring accuracy and consistency on all products produced.
· Monitor employees work performance closely with the safety manager to foster a safe working environment.
· Plan and facilitate department meetings with all direct reports focusing on employee safety, food safety and departmental opportunities.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Associate, College Degree or equivalent
· Must have knowledge and understanding in food and/or meat processing, quality assurance programs, GMPs, SQF and HACCP.
· 3 years’ experience working in the meat/poultry or food processing industry.
· 3 years of Supervisory experience.
· 3 years of Processing experience.
· Must have proficient computer and Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel skills.
· Must be able to work in teams and be self-motivated.
· Communicate in a professional manner.
· Ability to understand or speak Spanish is preferred but not required.
· Must have basic Mathematical skills.
· Must be able to perform extensive walking and standing throughout the shift on a daily basis, and may need to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Some week-ends may be required. Working conditions will include extended periods in cold and wet meat processing environment requiring the use of protective clothing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time