4 pieces Godshall’s Turkey Bacon
1½ cups waffle or pancake mix
⅔ cup water
1 each egg
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon maple syrup (plus more for topping)
To taste butter (optional)
- Heat a waffle maker to medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat, add Godshall’s Turkey Bacon and cook 1-2 minutes per side until evenly browned. Transfer to a cutting board to cool, cut into ½ inch strips.
- In a large bowl add waffle or pancake mix, water, egg, oil, maple syrup and turkey bacon pieces. Whisk to combine.
- Spray waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray and add about ½ cup to each form, or according to waffle makers instructions, cook until desired doneness.
- Plate and serve with maple syrup and butter and additional turkey bacon if desired.