5 pieces Godshall’s Turkey Bacon, diced
1 clove garlic minced
1 T olive oil
½ lb spaghetti
1¼ cups heavy cream
2 ea egg yolks
½ cup grated parmesan or pecorino + more for garnish
⅓ c frozen peas, thawed
¾ t ground black pepper
to taste salt
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil, season generously with salt. Place egg yolks in a medium bowl.
2. Heat a large sauté pan or skillet over medium heat, add oil and diced Godshall’s Turkey bacon, cook for 2-3 minutes then add garlic. Cook until turkey bacon has browned then remove to a plate.
3. Add cream and stir to loosen any browned bits, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and pour cream over yolks, stirring to combine. Return cream and egg mixture back to the pan and whisk until thickened. Add peas and stir until softened, about 1 minute. Whisk in cheese and pepper and turn heat to low just to keep sauce warm.
4. Meanwhile, add spaghetti to water, stir to prevent sticking and cook to desired doneness, about 8-10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain pasta and add to sauce pan. Toss to evenly coat noodles with sauce.
5. Plate and garnish with extra grated cheese.