Job Title: 1st Shift Maintenance Lead
Location: Lebanon Plant
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Preventative maintenance, repairing, installing, processing and packaging equipment, systems and utilities.
- Responsible for efficiently ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electrical, power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Responsible for overseeing day to day operations and team members on first shift.
- regularly provides feedback and coaching to team and motivates team to reach goals
Duties and responsibilities-
Follow up with concerns to resolve issues with equipment and facility
Communicating with other shifts, sanitation, production, and outside contractors to complete tasks
- For example, calling in contractor to repair garage doors if needed
- Coordinating with sanitation and production to schedule repair or PM work
- Gathering information from other shifts for work that needs completed
Perform PM work and repairs on machinery and facility
- Respond to breakdown calls in a timely manner
- Complete assigned work orders and other assigned tasks
Distribution of work orders to all members of 1st shift
- Follow up with mechanics on overdue work orders
- Review work order requests and assign to team members
Create PM schedules for machines as we see the need
- Any issues that you see that are reoccurring that can be prevented by adding it to the PM program can be added to the maintenance software system and put on a schedule
Create a “shift notes” document to be sent out to the team at the end of every shift.
- This document will have any issues that were encountered and solutions for issues or a plan to solve the issue. Communicating this to the entire team will be very helpful in keeping everyone up to speed. Details are important.
Create work orders for any unplanned work being performed EX:
- Rebuilding gearboxes
- Breakdown calls
State the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
- Preventative maintenance experience:
- Solid understanding of preventive maintenance (how and why)
- Understand different oils and greases and their uses
- Perform routine preventive and predictive maintenance according to schedule
- Know how to change bearings, sprockets, chains, seals, gaskets, inspection of production equipment and some building equipment
- High school degree or GED
- Knowledge and ability to develop a PM and Predictive maintenance program
- The ability to complete assigned work without supervision (Self-performing)
- Must have computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Mpulse
- Experience operating various hand and power tools
- Experience in basic electrical and using electrical meters
- Provide proper documentation of daily maintenance activities utilizing a work order software program
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with management, production and sanitation while maintaining a positive attitude
- Work overtime when required
- Work independently and as a team member
- Willing to work in a refrigerated / wet environment
- Have experience unclogging drains
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good understanding of lock out, tag out (LOTO)
- Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of equipment based on industrial process controls, PLC’s, in process equipment
- Ability to read electrical schematics and drawings
- Ability to reference machine manuals and interpret trouble shooting guide
- Fundamental knowledge of industrial electromechanical systems
- Have experience working in a food processing plant
- Understanding of HACCP along with SOP,s and working in a GMP environment
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY - GROWING RAPIDLY! OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT - COMPETITIVE PAY AND GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching, profit sharing plan and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) participation. APPLY TODAY.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance