QA Supervisor -2nd Shift/ TELFORD, PA
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Coordinates and supervises plant quality control and food safety policies and procedures, maintaining the highest standards from incoming raw materials through packaging. Additionally, facilitates governance over day to day food safety processes, daily pre-operational food safety audits and traceability documentation. Supervises personnel on a designated shift.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible for implementing quality assurance programs and procedures for designated shift.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, state and plant food safety and sanitary regulations.
- Schedule and supervise hourly QA personnel; maintain headcounts and work hours within budgetary guidelines.
- Determine and administer corrective actions in the event of specification deviations.
- Maintain plant quality and food safety records.
- Responsible for training in areas of HACCP, SQF, SOP's, GMPs, Safety, Food Safety, SPC or other areas as designated by QA Manager.
- Assist in customer and vendor audits.
- Ability to participate in cross-functional team projects.
- Generate quality and food safety reports for management.
- Ensure all SQF departmental requirements are met and follow up with corrective actions when needed.
- Verification and validation of film OTR based on specifications.
- Maintain QA lab equipment and supplies as needed to support day-to-day operations.
- Audit effectiveness of traceability documentation management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory and training skills;
- working experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP),
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP),
- Statistical Process Control (SPC);
- strong analytical and problem solving skills required;
- knowledge of related Federal and State regulations;
- competency in computer word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheet (Excel) and Database Software (Access) required.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Willing to have flexible work schedule.
- Some weekend work required.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus.
Job Type: Full-time