- 5 oz pimento cheese
- 8 jalapeños
- 8 slices Godshall’s Angus Steak Uncured Beef Bacon
- 2 oz maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tbsp tajin
- 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro
- 1 roma tomato
- Zest from 1 lime
- Cut the tops from all the jalapeños and reserve
- Using the back of a spoon, push the seeds and membrane out of the pepper
- Put the pimento cheese in a small ziploc bag and cut the corner
- Using the bag as a piping bag, squeeze the pimento cheese into all the jalapeños
- Wrap a slice of Godshall’s Angus Steak Uncured Beef Bacon around each pepper and secure with a toothpick.
- Reattach the tops of the peppers with a second toothpick
- Place peppers in a cast iron pan and cook slowly off of medium direct heat in the grill.
- Baste with maple syrup every two to three minutes flipping peppers as necessary. These should cook for about 20 minutes or until cheese is very hot throughout.
- While the peppers are cooking, mix all the ingredients together for the cilantro crema. Set aside.
- Once peppers are done, remove the skewers and arrange on a platter with ramekin of crema.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges as desired. Be sure to let them cool a minute or two before eating.