- 2 pieces Godshall’s turkey bacon, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- ½ avocado, pitted and peeled, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced (about ⅛ small onion)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on both sides of the
bread, place in hot pan and toast until browned on both sides, transfer to plate.
- To the same pan, add Godshall’s turkey bacon pieces and cook until browned, 2-3
minutes, flip and brown on the other side.
- Once browned, reduce heat to low and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sliced red onion.
Cook until onion has softened, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and vinegar, cook just
until warmed, another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place avocado on toasted bread and smash lightly with a fork, add a squeeze of lemon
juice and coarse sea salt to taste.
- Top prepared toast with turkey bacon tomato mix, garnish with chives and season to taste
with salt and pepper.
- Take a bite and enjoy!