Maybe you’ve always been a pork bacon person in the past, but lately, you’ve been wondering: Is it maybe time for something different and healthier? Are you looking to expand your taste buds and up your bacon game?
Of course, you are. And there’s never been a better time to get your sizzle on. The world of bacon is a lot different — and a lot better — than it used to be. When it comes to variety, Turkey Bacon and Beef Bacon are two standout options. While both are delicious, they have different nutritional and flavor profiles and appeal to different types of personalities. So let’s explore #TeamTurkey and #TeamBeef and see which one is right for you!
What Is Turkey Bacon?
Made from whole muscle meat cut into thin slices, turkey bacon is a healthier alternative to traditional bacon for those looking to reduce fat in their diet, or for those who don’t eat pork. Its popularity is increasing among younger consumers and is forecast to be the fastest-growing category of bacon over the next 5 years.
When a recipe calls for bacon, you can swap in Godshall’s turkey bacon for a lighter meal that’s rich in protein. Just like pork bacon, you can cook turkey bacon on the stove, in the oven, in the air fryer, and even in the microwave. Given it’s low in fat and high in protein, turkey bacon is also a great choice for many diets, including gluten-free, keto-friendly, and dairy-free.
What Is Beef Bacon?
Then there’s beef bacon. What two words could possibly go better together? Hailed by tastemakers such as Martha Stewart, beef bacon is an increasingly popular premium product that is darker in color with a more intense flavor profile. Beef bacon is 100% red meat, and generally made from beef belly or beef plates.
Whether you fry it, bake it, air fry it, or even microwave it, beef bacon makes it easy to enjoy the delicious flavor of smoky beef all while being the perfect option for paleo or keto diets.
So Which Bacon Is Right For You?
Now that you have a better idea of how these different kinds of bacon are crafted and how they stack up in terms of flavor and nutrition, which do you think best suits your taste buds and personality?
Team Turkey Bacon
There are a lot of reasons to fall in love with turkey bacon. We’ve narrowed it down a bit to make it easier to evaluate. You would be a great fit for #TeamTurkey if you’re all about:
- Healthy Living. If you value eating healthily, one serving of Godshall’s turkey bacon has 75% less fat than your average pork bacon, 6 grams of protein, and only 50 calories per serving. And if eco-conscious living is your thing, turkey has a lower carbon footprint than pork, lamb, or beef.
- Quiet Confidence. Are you more of the strong, silent type? Turkey bacon might seem unassuming at first, but its smoky flavor and versatility will make any recipe that much more satisfying and delicious.
- Dependability. Do you wait with knife and fork in hand for the holiday season just so you can get your turkey fix? With turkey bacon, you can get that fantastic and dependable flavor fix all year round.
Here are some turkey bacon recipes you’ll love:
- Spicy Turkey Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Wraps are a smart way to start your day.
- Turkey Bacon Spanish Salad for a zesty, tasteful, and healthy lunch.
- Turkey Bacon Creamy Carbonara is a #TeamTurkey kids’ favorite.
- Canadian Turkey Bacon Hawaiian Pizza is a classic fave with a tropical twist.
Team Beef Bacon
So we’ve talked turkey bacon, but maybe you don’t exactly see yourself on that team. Instead, you might be better suited for a team that’s more beefed up. If that’s the case, #TeamBeef might be the bacon for you. #TeamBeef is characterized by:
- An Ancestral Mindset. If you’re trying to eat like a hunter-gatherer – or just a hunter – Godshall’s beef bacon is paleo-friendly with 4 grams of protein, zero carbs, and no MSG.
- Strong Opinions. You don’t have trouble making decisions, and you know what you like. And that’s robust, classic beef flavor. No other meat quite makes the cut.
- Indulgence. You’re a maximalist at heart. You prefer everything on your plate to be beefed up, even your salads.
Try these flavor-packed beef bacon recipes that will have you wanting more:
- Beef Bacon French Dip Sandwich. Forget crudités, this is the dip you crave.
- Beef Bacon Baked Beans. Not your grandmother’s bean casserole.
- Beef Bacon Wrapped Caesar Salad Bites. Salad tastes better wrapped in beef bacon.
- Beef Bacon Gyro. Power up like a superhero with this super gyro.
Turkey or Beef: Choose Your Protein
So, which side are you on: #TeamTurkey or #TeamBeef?
We’ll let you in on a secret: It’s okay to go for both.
Tastes change over time, sometimes even daily! So, after comparing the flavor profiles of turkey bacon and beef bacon, we want to hear from you. Our challenge: pick up a pack of Godshall’s turkey bacon and beef bacon from your local supermarket, try them out, and let us know on social media—which team are you on? #TeamTurkey #TeamBeef